The following is the RCMP Report from January 13– 20, 2020. The RCMP responded to the following Calls for service: 11 Traffic violations; 2 Provincial statutes (mental health, fire prevention, coroner’s and 911 act); 7 Common police activities (alarms, suspicious persons/vehicles, assistance to general public); 1 Crimes against property; 2 Crimes against persons; 3 Other criminal codes.
• The Blue Hills RCMP conducted traffic control on highway 1, while a ditched semi was being extracted by a tow truck. No injuries were reported.
• RCMP attended a residence in the RM of ELTON to assist and individual that was having difficulty leaving a residence.
• RCMP assisted with a Mental Health Act call.
• RCMP received a call about a gas n’ dash that occurred at the Souris Co-op gas station. The suspect vehicle left the gas station and headed East. The vehicle was later located abandoned by another detachment. Police are investigating the matter.
• RCMP are investigating a fraud complaint. An individual has had a bank account tampered with and funds removed in the RM of Cornwallis.
• Blue Hills RCMP received a report of a break and enter in Glenboro. Windows were broken for the suspect to gain entry into the home. No one was at the residence at the time. The Police are investigating all leads and evidence.
• Blue Hills RCMP are investigating a distribution of images without consent file, from the RM of North Cypress-Langford.
• RCMP assisted an individual with the disposal of an unwanted firearm.
• A brown, small, almost wallet size, purse has been lost. It was last used at the November 16 Souris Craft fair. If anyone has any information, please contact the Souris RCMP.
• RCMP attended 3 different alarms from separate business. All alarms were determined to be false.
• Blue Hills RCMP, were advised of a possible collision in Carberry. The vehicle was in the ditch with hazard lights on. Upon police arrival at the scene, the vehicle was no longer at the location.
• RCMP conducted a wellness check on an individual in Souris. The person was found safe and uninjured.
• A suspicious person was reported to the RCMP. This individual was walking along the highway not wearing proper attire for the weather and the caller was concerned for their wellbeing. Patrols were made to locate the individual, but they could not be found.
• Blue Hills RCMP, responded to a stranded motorist request for assistance, after a collision in the RM of Whitehead. The caller was a little shaken up and afraid.
• Three separate speeders were charged by police throughout the day.
• RCMP are assisting an individual with an uttering threat issue in Elgin.
• Blue Hills RCMP are investigating fraud report that happened to an individual in the RM of Cornwallis.
• Police assisted with a civil issue in Beresford.
• An individual was escorted back to school when they were reported going door to door to acquire a ride from businesses in town.
• RCMP are assisting a caller about suspicious activity around their residence in Souris.
• Blue Hills RCMP was alerted to a trespasser on a property in Alexander.
• RCMP are assisting an individual with a family relations issue.
• A dangerous driver was reported to the Police on highway 1.
Blue Hills RCMP wish you a safe, crime free week and Please drink responsibly, we do not wish to meet you under those circumstances.
A reminder to residents to never provide personal information, such as birth dates, SIN numbers, credit card numbers, or e-mail addresses to parties you do not know. If you feel you have been contacted by a fraudulent source, please contact the Anti Fraud line at 1-888-495-8501.
Criminal record checks and Vulnerable searches will require a 2-week span to complete. It may take longer if you are required to have fingerprints done.
Criminal Record checks have a fee of $10.00 cash, as well as, Vulnerable searches. The Vulnerable search fee can be waived with a letter from the organization stating your volunteer status.
Both searches require two pieces of valid government ID. One must contain a photo.
If you have any information about the above crimes, or any other crimes, please contact your local RCMP, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, the Secure Tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com
Have a wonderful week.