The Crescent Avenue Infrastructure Renewal Project is slated to commence on Monday May 13, 2019. At this time Crescent Avenue will be closed entirely. Work is to begin at the West end of Crescent Avenue (intersection of Crescent Ave W and 3rd St S). During the first week of construction, the contractor will be mobilizing equipment, installing safety fences, saw cutting and fusing pipe. The project is expected to be completed by late summer/ fall of 2019.
· Contractors will begin by excavating and removing the old asphalt and portions (street side) of the north sidewalk. The south sidewalk will be completely removed during excavation.
· A new 150mm water main and drainage pipe will be directionally drilled and the old water main will be taken out of service.
· Water and sewer services, from the main to the curb stop, will be replaced.
· Curbing and base work will be completed prior to a new asphalt surface.
· Streetlights will be replaced on the north and south sides.
What Does This Mean For Me?
· No parking will be available on Crescent Avenue
· Minor water service disruptions. These disruptions will be communicated with you 48 hours in advance and we will do our best to minimize the length of the disruption.
· The north sidewalk (building side) will remain open during the construction period. Access to your front will only be interrupted when the contractor is replacing the portion of sidewalk directly in front of your building. You will be notified in advance prior to the work being started.
In the event the property owner has tenants, we would request that this letter also be forwarded to the appropriate person. We ask that businesses who have regular deliveries notify the delivery company about the road closures.
Your cooperation in order to complete this project in a timely and efficient manner would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions or concerns pertaining to your individual property.
Respectfully, Andrew Hamilton
Public Works Manager/Project Lead email@example.com